Guadalupe River State Park
On Memorial Day, Doug and I took the kids just 20 miles north of home, to the Guadalupe River State Park, located in the beautiful foothills of Hill Country. On a hot, crowded day, we refreshed ourselves in the river, fished for minnows, packed a picnic lunch, and a cold, seedless watermelon for dessert. The kids each ate at least five servings! Wow!










Skylar worked hard catching these "fish".







3 Comments:
We love that place. We went there three times in the last month that we were there. I was sad it took us so long to discover it.
Yay! Don't you just love it there! Definately a little slice of heaven if you ask me.
Kim,
Several years ago there was a group of parents with children @ church that would organize outings. I believe it was once a month. They would hold Sabbath School and church @ a park(like we did @ Bastrop). Anyway, I tagged along one time(no Isa yet) and had so much fun @ Guadalupe State Park. Victoria was a part of that group. We could get more details from her. Wondering if we could do that for the summer. It was a great way to celebrate Sabbath without the kids getting restless during church. Great pics!
Luv,
M
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home