Laying Pavers, Before and After
Oh, what to do with a large flower bed. Having a front yard with afternoon shade and nowhere to sit, I had a good idea. This was no easy project for someone inexperienced as myself. I often have ideas circulating in my head and decide to just go for it, entirely on a hunch (and the occasional Youtube tutorial). But on the way home from making my purchases, and a trunk full on heavy supplies, I panic, and wonder if I can really accomplish the task. This one was purely a job of trial and error.
Here's how it went: First, I removed the mulch, weed barrier, and a few shrubs. Next, I leveled the slope, filling in wherever needed with extra soil, packed, then topped with paver sand, packed again. Next, I arranged the heavy stones in a pattern (several times until it was right), filled in between with pea gravel, then edged with large river rocks. Last, I took two Ibuprofen and limped with a sore lower back for two days. Sounds easy, huh? 









7 Comments:
Love it, LOVE IT!! You did a fantastic job, Kim! Isn't it fun to be able to prove you can do something other than mother? I can't believe you figured this out on your own. You did great!
What a great job Kim! Jeremy did the pavers in our San Antonio yard and it was quite a job.
Wow! You are a woman of many talents.
Gorgeous! Talk about curb appeal. Great job Kim.
That looks so inviting...very nice job little lady!
It looks great! Good job!! Now, when you are here I'm gonna need you to fence in our back yard (of the townhouse), remove all the grass, level the yard, and then fill the entire thing in with paver stones. OK? :)
Hey Kim, this looks awesome. I wish I was as creative as you are....so when do you want to come visit me? I have some flower beds I'd like to redo :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home