Goose Island State Park Camping Trip
What an adventure we had on Doug's first ever camping experience! We headed down to the coast with friends Kristen, Jason and family to meet two more families, the Meier's and the Mallins. There were nine children in all, running around from sun up, to sun down. I've never seen dirtier feet! We enjoyed fishing, biking, swinging, playing in the sand, tug-of-war, wiffle ball, a treasure hunt, and lots of opportunities to take pictures. As you will see by the obnoxious number of photos (provided by myself, Kristen and Bill) we had great fun and are ready to go again!
And we're off
Trying to get to the campground before sundown
Skylar getting comfortable in the camper
Brady's cubby!
Doug doing the unthinkable.


Phillip, Carolyn, Skylar, Thomas and Joshua
Fishing on the bank.



Doug with squid bait... and gloves. What am I going to do with him?

Carolyn and dad Jason
Bill with his much coveted photography equipment.
Pier fishing.
Skylar and Carolyn
Kristen and Allison



William up to bat



Emily up to bat
What a face


Swing Fling






I thought Kristen was my friend, but she snapped me when I was down
Carolyn is not having ANY fun


Joshua is crying because the Greenbergs won the drag racing food fight!!!
or maybe because Brady would not move away from the bike!

We led the kids on a treasure hunt, with Valentine's Day goodies in the trunk.
Valentine's Day dessert: Chocolate fondue!


Afternoon trip to Rockport Beach





The only sunglasses we could find were those in the beach bag
so we shared!
Don't ask!
Lora resuscitating Rick
Miss Hollywood and brother traveled back naked, after getting their clothes wet at the beach.




The Great Outdoorsman! We survived!
And we're off

Trying to get to the campground before sundown

Skylar getting comfortable in the camper

Brady's cubby!

Doug doing the unthinkable.



Phillip, Carolyn, Skylar, Thomas and Joshua

Fishing on the bank.




Doug with squid bait... and gloves. What am I going to do with him?


Carolyn and dad Jason

Bill with his much coveted photography equipment.

Pier fishing.

Skylar and Carolyn

Kristen and Allison




William up to bat




Emily up to bat

What a face



Swing Fling







I thought Kristen was my friend, but she snapped me when I was down

Carolyn is not having ANY fun



Joshua is crying because the Greenbergs won the drag racing food fight!!!

or maybe because Brady would not move away from the bike!


We led the kids on a treasure hunt, with Valentine's Day goodies in the trunk.

Valentine's Day dessert: Chocolate fondue!



Afternoon trip to Rockport Beach





The only sunglasses we could find were those in the beach bag

so we shared!

Don't ask!

Lora resuscitating Rick

Miss Hollywood and brother traveled back naked, after getting their clothes wet at the beach.





The Great Outdoorsman! We survived!


1 Comments:
Wow! What a trip you had. I'm thinking we need to get a camper. That looked fabulous. Tell Doug I'm not really sure it counts as camping if he can get online and check sports scores! And how great that there were so many kids, oh wait, I guess the parents don't count as kids. Hehe. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your pictures!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home