Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recovery

Well, I thought this whole recovery thing would be a breeze. I suppose the hardest part is nearly over.  I'm beginning to hobble without crutches, and bend my knee 90º (almost).  I was surprised by my level of immobility, not to mention level of pain. Whew! I should have just given up running and step aerobics entirely and accepted wearing a knee brace! What I needed most this past week (along with lots of Vicodin) was patience! Y'all know me! I have NONE! And thank Heavens for two joyous bouncing children and an accommodating husband to get me through the long and boring days.  My post-op and physical therapy is coming up in five days. Before I know it, I'll be walking on sunshine again! 
The incredible, remarkable, handy ICEMAN!  Just add ice, plug it in, and hook it up to the knee wrap for an instant cool down.  I couldn't have made it through the first three days without it.
My new bed buddy for the week.  He could withstand the constant drone of the ICEMAN, unlike my older bed buddy.  
The kids did their best to entertain me while confined to my bed.  Brady had asked me once to get up and get him some juice.  "Please Mom?  Just use your 'crunches'."  I won't be doing those for a while.  
We had worship on Sabbath morning and sang songs.  Don't let the guitar fool you.  I cannot play, but I'm getting good at pretending!  Lessons to follow!
Got the crazies!

2 Comments:

Anonymous steph said...

You have such a sweet family to keep you entertained and take such good care of you. Can't wait til you are back on your feet for real!

April 3, 2009 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

How are you feeling? You've been on my mind.

April 10, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home