Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Holiday Photo Shoots

I was in my element this past Nov-Dec doing several holiday photo shoots for friends. I love being behind the camera, trying new angles, poses and camera settings. I'm learning what works, and what DOESN'T work. I would like to take online photography courses this year, and invest in a decent editing system. I can only learn so much on my own, and I've realized that my skills have come to a standstill. I'm very excited, though, to reach a little deeper and find growth in this hobby of mine.









Something new: I was asked to photograph a tea party for a party planner's website. Talk about challenging. There are twenty some items on the table. What's my focal point? Should it be the teacup, the flowers in the vase, the plate? Interesting opportunity, and quite fun!



6 Comments:

Blogger The Family said...

Great photos Kim!

January 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Fawn said...

haha, I love how my children look like they're glaring at the camera. Oh, that's right, they were! You made so many families happy this holiday... thanks, friend!!

January 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger Emily Suzanne said...

I love these Kim!! Very nice! What kindof camera do you have?
And where did you get that cute hat for your little guy? I want one for mine!

January 13, 2010 at 1:20 AM  
Blogger Valley Girl said...

Kim, you can only teach a person so much about how to take pictures...the rest is up to what the person can see with their eyes. You have AMAZING eyes...you get the shot. Can't wait to see what you come up with when armed with even more know how.

January 15, 2010 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Kim Greenberg said...

Emily, hat is from Baby Gap but was bought last year. Camera is Canon 5D Mark II. Vickie and Jennie, thank you!! Fawn, having your picture made is serious business to them! Maybe I need to tell a few knock-knock jokes next time.

January 22, 2010 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger Joey Bags said...

Women, all you guys see are the kids. I see the door :) Fan of the doors, you never know where they will take you.

March 1, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home