Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hang On

Want to hear me scream like a schoolgirl? You should have been around when I tried catching this temporary house guest. I devised a plan of "catch and release". I didn't anticipate such a dramatic release! 

While hanging out on the blind cord, secretly watching me burn dinner, no doubt, he drew the attention of his closest predator, Brady, who screams, "Mom, there's a lizard in here".  I decided to first catch him with the kitchen towel (after taking his lovely picture of course), when suddenly he decided to climb up through the towel, (can't blame him) and briefly run his tiny, prickly feet down my arm as he made his escape.  Meanwhile, Doug and Brady jumped back into the depths of the living room for safety. The poor little critter eventually made his way safely through the open backdoor and into the great outdoors, where I will likely to see him in the near future munching in my garden.  

2 Comments:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

You shoulda called me. I'm good at catching those little guys. They are great for your garden..they eat all the bad bugs.

April 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger The Family said...

Our cat drags lizards into our house all of the time. Unfortunately they are usually half-eaten!

April 30, 2009 at 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home